Prettiest, weirdest works I’ve seen from the surrealists in Session #10.
Self-Portrait with Cropped Hair by Frida Kahlo | The Leaf of the Artichoke Is an Owl by Arshile Gorky | Object - Meret Oppenheim | The Birth of the World by Joan Miró | The Song Of Love - Giorgio De Chirico
I never considered Kahlo a Surrealist, though she was of that era, but I do love her… Gorky doesn’t quite fit either. And where’s the Duchamp?
Kahlo didn’t consider herself a Surrealist either. But Andre Breton considered her a Surrealist and as such she was classified as one. At least according to MoMA. Same goes for Gorky.
Duchamp’s works are under “Dada” (session 9). I classified these works and artists under the MoMA lectures they came under.
- luxmagazine reblogged this from art2go
- nesbiff reblogged this from art2go
- silence-is-sound likes this
- aalbbertt likes this
- beethovensdeafjam reblogged this from art2go
- fiftyshadesofgrey likes this
- art2go reblogged this from charlesbuk0wski and added:
- charlesbuk0wski reblogged this from art2go and added:
- cyborges likes this
- sfdazzle16 reblogged this from art2go
- ohlachinoise likes this
- hhhancock likes this
- fizzyliftingdrank reblogged this from art2go
- art2go posted this